Friday, September 14, 2012

Wear it


“I am the false character that follows the name around.” - from White Noise by Don DeLillo.

Lighting and tall lean legs of light leanings and lost purposes
I carry with me the angry cacophony of the desperately lost
People who wander from thought to thought but can’t stand the notion of settling into any one of them

As if deep contemplation were a book and they favored television
I have felt their rages at all that life has denied them
So harried from place to place

So desperate for a taste of yesterday
Supposing that the leisure of the past is reality
I wonder

Who will help them grasp reality as they cling to the words of hate emanating from radios and TVs
And written across websites and repeated in bars and golf courses and hunting trips And wherever the intellectually timid gather

Cascading, tremulous voices disengaged from everywhere
All the notions taken in and spit out and the bile remains to sicken the mind
Lost children I have heard you

I shun you because I am just the saint of better tomorrows
Pray to your heavens and curse your fates
But leave me

I am going
So soft the names of angels and tired lessons
We learn from the awakenings

We who are brave thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment