Tuesday, January 14, 2020

From Lollipops to Wills

Had my annual physical today
I have it every year
Was queried and probed and poked
I’m fine and dandy
I like being dandy
But not a dandy
Got a shot too
But no lollipop
Have outgrown them
I suppose
Instead I was encouraged to write a will
Well, that’s a switch!
Time has flown by and someday I’ll be dead
But not today
Today I got to walk home from my appointment
Meandered through Berkeley streets
So much green after the rain
So much blue sky
So many white puffs of clouds
Colors everywhere
And houses and cars and some people too
No cars struck me as I crossed busy streets
Or as I crossed quiet streets
Before my appointment I browsed in a bookstore
In my favorite bookstore
I wasn’t looking for anything in particular
I bought two books in particular though
I love bookstores
So full of books!
My room is full of books too
If I can stay healthy I’ll be able to read the ones
I haven’t read yet
Maybe not all
Because I keep buying knew ones
Never enough time
But always time for walks
And for smiles
And for hugs
And for writing words like these
Still wish I’d gotten a lollipop
Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment