Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Song of Consequence

I have disassembled my brain
As a consequence
Poetry
The notions of grandeur displaced by
Geese always the geese
But fluttering, flying, flouting Finns
(Such as myself)
Cry our joys loudly in the mist
Never having gained an ounce of...
I did mention the disassembling of my brain?
Not my brian, that proper noun
First name of an Epstein and a Jones and
Say, who invited me to this party anyway
Look at the bird by the window having a row with a mate
Saw her on the lift coming up
Before that at the chip shop
Never mind that now
Poetry
Songs of consequence
You see it’s all interrelated in a totally
Totally
Umm the word here is I guess....
Disconnected way
But who am I to say?
I ask you
You answer me
And say I have disassembled my brain
Mentioned already?
But I only just got here
To planet nowhere
Which is everywhere
Maybe
Just perhaps
I should put this brain back together again
You’ll see something then, by God
I promise you that
“Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie” - From Starman by David Bowie
Dig it...BROTHER

No comments:

Post a Comment