Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Days


"How good to be in a body--even this old beat-up carcass--that still has warm blood and live semen and rich marrow and wholesome flesh! The scowling youths on the corner see him as a dodderer.” From the novel A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood.
Tall beautiful Asian woman 
Sits across from me on the bus
She’s carrying three little shopping bags
One from Victoria Secret
Oh my
I think of something quite inappropriate
I’m old enough to be her --
She’s so poised
Hair long and lustrous
Spotted me peaking at her
I look away
Then at my book
I can’t read for thinking of her
And that Victoria Secrets bag
I’m ashamed
(Not really)
I am, after all, a man
She’s not underage
I’m happy really
Because I’ve already married
The love of my life
If I were young and single
Oh the pressure to meet this woman
The torture of the faint possibility
That her and I could actually --
Needn’t worry about that now
Just make discreet glances
And let my imagination play
As it does
With her
Mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment