Monday, August 9, 2010

All My Apocalypses are Broken

All my apocalypses are broken
Shattered and on the ground
The horrible endings of my world
Are nowhere to be found
The terrible devastation reigning from above
Has somehow disappeared
Replaced, it seems, by love
The wicked armageddon
Has died a quiet death
And with it simple joy
Comes with my every breath
I don’t know what stilled the destruction
Why peace reigns supreme
I hope this paradise I live in
Is more than just a dream
I long to share this joy with every soul I meet
I wish that they could understand
The blessings of catastrophe’s defeat
I call now to all of you, be you friend or be you foe
It’s time you told calamity
It’s time for it to go
But do not try to defeat the abyss with anger or with hate
Perdition’s defeat can only come
When violence does abate
All my apocalypses are broken
Shattered and on the ground
And now my exultation is unbound

2 comments:

  1. "The wicked armageddon
    Has died a quiet death
    And with it simple joy
    Comes with my every breath"

    Brilliant!

    I happened upon this blog (and rikuwrites) couple of months ago and I've been following your poems & posts. I am a fan of "Howl"; it changed my life - well not that dramatically, but still...

    Pls keep writing...
    Ram.

    ReplyDelete