Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Walk

I walked among the tall concrete today
I strolled down streets with nothing to say
I looked at houses, looked at trees
I offered friendly greetings to lions and bees
To your house I walked just to say hello
You offered warm greetings but then had to go
I walked among the billowing asphalt today
I meandered down paths with nothing to say
I looked at people, dogs and cats
Some of these creatures tipped their hats
To your lovely abode I headed right quick
But you couldn’t chat having gotten quite sick
I walked among the wafting pavement today
I moseyed down streets with nothing to say
I looked at the sun and clouds up high
I emitted a chuckle, a yawn and a sigh
To your chalet I strode to pass the time
But you’d gone to the country seeking mountains to climb
I walked today in many directions
Though sad to say I made no connections

No comments:

Post a Comment