Monday, August 23, 2010

I Love You, Myrna Loy

Who’s that?
Who’s there?
Who’s trying to get in?
The black and white beginnings
Of films from classic eras
Are the reason not crucial
Just now that they are here
The stars fill the screen
Don’t weep
Rejoice and
And
So you settle into the story
The camera
How it draws our attention
To the ordinary
In a different way
How fun
Who’s there now?
Does it really matter?
Just go on with it
Don’t stop it now
The quips are flying fast
The delights are evident
And the characters sip their cocktails
And I my iced tea
Who’s there?
Is it anyone?
Perhaps everyone
Perhaps I’ll forget it and just watch
This wonderful film
I love you, Myrna Loy
How I wish you were here
Instead of just me
And that infernal confusion
About who’s there and why
I like it here with you
In this movie, Myrna
Don’t ever leave me

No comments:

Post a Comment