Friday, September 17, 2010

I Can Do It All

It was truly a splendid structure, and Yossarian throbbed with a mighty sense of accomplishment each time he gazed at it and reflected that none of the work that had gone into it was his. - From Joseph Heller’s Catch 22.
I am a dancer
I fly across the sea
Wings for arms
A captivating smile lighting my way
I am a singer
Trilling tunes of love
People swooning at the sound
I am a writer
Penning the magical words
That bring a tear and a cheer
I am the athlete
Leaping, pounding, hopping bounding
Thrilling fans and foes alike
Dumbstruck
I am the dreamer
All things possible
Nothing real except perhaps
Everything!
I can do it all and you must marvel 
The moon is envious
The tides blush
Purple majesty even
Sighs
Is there no end to my accomplishments?
How many grand gifts do I possess?
Look while I shimmy
And shake
Make the mountains quake
All this from the stool of a bar
I can do it al

No comments:

Post a Comment